History's End

History will end only when Man does

Name:
Location: United States
Blogroll Me!
  • E-Mail me
  • Tuesday, June 13, 2006

    Analyze This!

    Recently, I signed my blog up for Google Analytics. For those of you who haven't heard of it before, it advertises itself as:
    Google Analytics tells you everything you want to know about how your visitors found you and how they interact with your site. You'll be able to focus your marketing resources on campaigns and initiatives that deliver ROI, and improve your site to convert more visitors.

    While I don't have ads set up on my blog, and thus don't have quite the incentive to direct traffic to it like some other bloggers, I did find the idea of understanding how people came to my site to be an interesting one. Hence, the decision to sign up for the program. So far, I have found a few interesting things out, although I had known or guessed some parts. Google provides about half of my traffic, at 45% or so. I had known previously most of my hits came from Google, but the fact that it is almost half is interesting. I wonder how that compares to other blogs. C-SPAN, which has a link to my blog, is a number 3, which I had not known before. Direct links were at number 2. What is perhaps most interesting is that TigerHawk is the site, besides C-SPAN, which provides me with the most traffic. I hadn't realized that before, so I suppose I owe the crew over at TH a thank you. I look forward to see how things will change over the summer, in terms of traffic.

    |
    Listed on BlogShares Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com