History's End

History will end only when Man does

Name:
Location: United States
Blogroll Me!
  • E-Mail me
  • Friday, July 01, 2005

    Vacancy

    I must say, I am surprised that Sandra Day O'Connor would be the first to resign. I thought that Rehnquist would be first. I am sure that there is some strategy to all of this, and I think I may have an idea. O'Connor is more moderate than Rehnquist. Bush has been having serious trouble appointing judges. His team may have decided that they will have an easier time, at first, of appointing a moderate to replace O'Connor than appointing a conservative to replace Rehnquist. Once they have replaced her post, they perhaps believe it will be easier to put a conservative on the court.

    |
    Listed on BlogShares Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com