History's End

History will end only when Man does

Name:
Location: United States
Blogroll Me!
  • E-Mail me
  • Monday, July 17, 2006

    Tunnel Vision

    People have been focusing a lot on President Bush's use of profanity recently with regards to Syrian involvement in Lebanon. However, there is a part of his dialogue with Tony Blair that I think deserves equal treatment, namely that "Kofi needs to call Assad." My words, as I am having some difficulty finding a piece with the full transcript. I will add then when I find it. What matters here is that Bush obviously thinks that Kofi actually posesses some kind of power or authority, and that could be leveraged against Assad. Otherwise, why mention it in an unguarded moment? Oviously Bush thinks Kofi, and perhaps the UN, isn't as completely powerless as some think.

    |
    Listed on BlogShares Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com