History's End

History will end only when Man does

Name:
Location: United States
Blogroll Me!
  • E-Mail me
  • Friday, April 08, 2005

    CBS Cameraman Arrested for Aiding Iraqi Insurgency

    Greyhawk at the Mudville Gazette has more. The two most important parts of this:

    A) Its a reporter hired by CBS

    B) The US was tipped off by Iraqi citizens

    I wonder, and I know I am not alone in this, if this reporter is the same one who photographed the picture which won a Pulitzer recently.

    Update: I should note that a while back I wondered just what metrics the US should use to determine success or failure in Iraq. I think that perhaps the best that is available to us, now that the election is over, is tips against the AIF (anti-Iraqi Forces). People will give tips if:

    A) They hate the insurgents more than the US
    B) They feel that giving tips will produce results
    C) They feel don't believe that giving the tip will definitively put them in harm's way

    If I was a military leader in Iraq at the moment, I would have someone graph the number of tips I received by month, week and even (if possible) by day, to try and establish patterns and shifts in opinion. Oftentimes the change in slope or acceleration of a graph tells us more about what is happening that the position on the graph itself.

    |
    Listed on BlogShares Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com