History's End

History will end only when Man does

Name:
Location: United States
Blogroll Me!
  • E-Mail me
  • Saturday, February 05, 2005

    Oh Diplomad, where art thou?

    I am sure that many of you have heard by now of the sudden and unexpected retirement of the blog The Diplomad. I think its safe to say this came as a total shock to everyone. The speculation over the reasons why they "retired" are to be found all over the Net, but I have my own beliefs. I don't think that they were "forced" to retire by the State Department, despite the worries of some. No, not with Condaleeza Rice as the Sec State. Far more likely, I would guess, is that 'they' were promoted, and are moving elsewhere, perhaps even to Washington. With Rice as Sec State, she would know that she will need as many loyal people at Foggy Bottom as possible, in order to clean the place up. It seems to me that the Diplomad would be a good place to start. They are fairly high profile in the blogosphere, and its not out of line for them to have been noticed by Rice or some of her aids.
    Lest any of you think so, we have not been threatened or shut down; the State Department goons are not knocking at the door. It's just time to do something else.
    That seems to me to be an indicator that things may not be bad at all. The something else in question might be Washington work at State, and if that is the case, I wish them the best of luck.

    |
    Listed on BlogShares Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com